Sunday, July 15, 2012

Post 6 - PICASA!! I love Picasa!

First of all what is Picasa.... 
Even though I use Picasa all the time I thought I would give this app little more research, being that I spend HOURS on it! 


Picasa is a free photo management system for of course, Google.  It is used to organize and manage your images you store on your hard drive.  Picasa also allows you to manage your photos as edit and share pictures with others. By providing vendors, you can also place orders for prints.


What I like about Picasa is that I am able to organize my photos into virtual albums. I also like that you are able to put your photos in to a "timeline".  By using Picasa I am able to change album names, add captions to my photos and create favorite images by adding ratings.  My favorite item in Picasa are the editing tools.  I love to edit my images.  I can add all kinds of effects including, sepia, black and white, and soft focus.  You can crop, straighten....no this is not a hair salon, and remove the dreaded red eye!  And the beauty of it all is that I don't like any of the edits, then with one click I can go back to my orinal photo!

Some thing I have done on Picasa....
Create a slideshow of your students.  This goes over so well with you parents.  This little assignment for Erin and Andy's first google class resulted in a500 image end of the year slide show for the entire 1st grade.  Lets just say there wasn't a dry eye in the place!


Capture precious moments...


Have some holiday fun...















Even search for Santa's reindeer....look real close you'll see them!










So just a few examples of how you can have school, family and holiday fun with Picasa!  Download it today....well maybe wait til class is over!  You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment